Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Web 2.0

I have been reading up over the last several weeks about the Web 2.0 concept and its related technologies (mainly from Scoble's blog (of course)). I now have a flickr account, and a del.icio.us account. I wanted to develop a "community" site myself (based on my friend's idea) as a test, but unfortunately I forgot the site that had the freeware dev toolkit for developing such sites. So, I am scouring my newsgator feed to find it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why dont you try slashcode? It is the code that runs Slashdot.
And looks like you guys are an MS shop primarily.

12/30/2005 3:19 AM  
Blogger Prasanna said...

The package I was originally looking for was drupal (forgot again, but thankfully my del.icio.us account saved me!). I have also downloaded Ruby on Rails. Just haven't had time to play with either of those. But as you said, we are Windows based, so testing drupal is a lot more effort. Setting up Ruby was a lot easier. I'll also try slashcode. Thanks for the info.

12/31/2005 5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home